A CHRISTMAS CAROL Comic Con 2009 Panel
During the Comic Con 2009 panel for A CHRISTMAS CAROL, Robert Zemeckis not only showed a scene from the movie of Marley visiting Scrooge, but we got to see all of that on 3-D, which was actually pretty cool. The details of each of the characters faces are pretty incredible and I can’t wait to see more this Christmas.
Here are a few highlights from the panel and what we can expect from A Christmas Carol:
– The movie will feature a lot of humor, although it’s a serious movie, as well as a lot of 3-D action.
– In order to record all facial movements, they actually used flush technology to mimic all those human movements
– Robert Zemeckis thinks Jim Carrey is the perfect actor for capture recording, because he’s great at building characters. He works with his whole body and understands comedic timing.
– Even though Zemeckis loves both live and animation movies, for now he’s dedicated to animation, because it gives him control beyond the laws of physics.
– As to a possible sequel for Roger Rabbit, Zemeckis said that he could “neither confirm nor deny” anything, but that if it did happen, the main 2-D characters from the first movie would remain 2-D.
So there you have it! A Christmas Carol comes out to theaters on November 6, 2009. Until then, check out more pictures from the A Christmas Carol Comic Con 2009 panel below.