JONAH HEX Comic Con 2009 Panel
We got to see the very first footage from JONAH HEX during its Comic Con 2009 panel. Unfortunately, it didn’t blow me away as much as I expected it would. Even the room didn’t seem all that excited compared to other panels which showed their footage.
Amongst the people on the panel were director Jimmy Hayward, Michael Fassbender, Megan Fox and Josh Brolin.
Here are some of the highlights from the panel:
– They just finished shooting. In fact, Megan Fox’s last shot had only been 48 hours ago.
– For Jonah Hex, they drew from a lot of different eras of the comic book and borrowed from a lot of elements. They pretty much looked at the whole body of work and took elements from it. They also used different legends in the film.
– Josh Brolin wasn’t familiar with character, but when it was brought to him he got really interested.
– Megan Fox plays Jonah Hex’s love interest. She is a prostitute he’s been coming to see for years. They have this sort of push and pull relationship, because most of the people in his life have died.
– Michael Fassbender saw some “Clockwork Orange” elements and 1970s Riddler to the hat his character is wearing, so that’s where some of his inspiration for him came from.
– Jonah Hex is kind of an action picture inside a spaghetti western.
– Josh Brolin calls the movie a “fantasmagory of insanity.”
Check out more pictures from the Jonah Hex Comic Con 2009 panel below.