ZOMBIELAND Comic Con 2009 Panel
During the Comic Con 2009 panel for ZOMBIELAND, we not only got to see a new special trailer, which was freaking awesome, we also got to see a few clips, which made me even more excited to see the full movie.
In one of the clips shown, a girl, Jesse Eisenberg’s character, Columbus, likes comes knocking on his door freaking out that she has been attacked. He offers for her to stay at his place, only to realize the next day that she has turned into a zombie. A crazy fight scene follows as Columbus tries to fight the zombie off, and the scene ends with him hitting her with a toilet cover. It’s pretty crazy.
To present the movie, Ruben Fleischer, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Woody Harrelson were all on the panel.
Here are a few highlights:
– Originally, Zombieland was written as a TV show, but it was too high of a budget to make, so they decided to make it into a movie
– Zombieland had a 42 days shoot.
– Here’s everybody’s favorite way they take out a zombie in the movie:
Woody Harrelson: a chainsaw
Emma Stome: butts a zombie in the head with the back of her shotgun Jesse Eisenberg: in the theme park at the end of the movie, a zombie get hit by a ride
Ruben Fleischer: a piano dropped on a zombie’s head
– In the movie, the characters refer to each other by the cities they’re from “in ordder to keep emotional distance. It’s every man for themselves in Zombieland.”
– They wouldn’t confirm nor deny the rumor that Bill Murray is in the movie. You make of that what you want.
– Jesse Eisenberg’s character has 46 rules to survive Zombieland, including carry a suitcase with wheels, do cardio on a regular basis.
Zombieland comes out on October 9, 2009. In the meantime, check out more pictures from the Zombieland Comic Con 2009 panel below.