No IRON MAN 3 Until The Avengers is Out, Says Favreau
Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau confirmed Friday that Tony Stark would be taking a breather until after the release of The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Favreau made the announcement during a morning appearance on “The Kevin and Bean Show” on radio station KROQ in Los Angeles.
Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, had previously told the website WorstPreviews.com that Marvel was planning a 2013 release for the third installment of the popular Iron Man franchise, but Paramount Pictures and the Walt Disney Company are still said to be working out distribution rights.
The shooting draft for The Avengers has yet to be completed, and Favreau acknowledged that it could prove challenging to incorporate the many events that took place in the films based on individual Avenger characters into a single unified storyline.
Meanwhile The Avengers’ production team is coming together. Joss Whedon has “tentatively agreed” to direct, and Favreau will act as executive producer.