BATTLE: LOS ANGELES Comic Con 2010 Panel (With Aaron Eckhart and Michelle Rodriguez)
The BATTLE: LOS ANGELES featured a couple members from the cast including Aaron Eckhart and Michelle Rodriguez, along with director Jonathan Liebesman, and producer Neal Moritz.
During the panel we got to see a very first look at the film with quite an extensive clip and preview. The footage look pretty good, there was definitely some suspense, but I have been disappointed many times by this type of preview that it’s going to take a little more to convince me to go see it.
In other news here are some of the highlights from the Battle: Los Angeles panel, as well as photos:
– Battle: Los Angeles is about a worldwide attack on our planet by unknown aliens. And the battle for Los Angeles is of course the most crucial one.
– The UFO sightings during 1940s were a great inspiration for movie [minor spoiler] they were planted there to start the 2010 invasion of Earth.
– These aliens are different than others we’ve seen on the screen. The director wanted to make a creature that wasn’t human or insect. He wanted to do something that was really alien.
– The actors went through three weeks of boot camp before production Louisiana, where shot the film. There they would even call each other by their character names.
– The way they tell this invasion story is through an urban combat type of way. It’s the first time that you will see it through the eyes of soldiers without cutting at some point to president or anything like that.
– For gamers, they equalled the way it was shot to Modern Warefare or Halo.
– In the words of Aaron Eckhart “We made a war movie with aliens in it. It’s a boy’s dream to make a war movie.”