MEGAMIND Comic Con 2010 Panel ( With Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & “Brad Pitt”, Sorta)
The first panel of the day was DreamWorks’ new animation movie MEGAMIND. Present at the panel were Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, and Tom McGrath the director. They showed some footage and had a really fun Q&A, one of the best of the day.
Here are some of the highlights from the Megamind panel, as well as photos:
– Megamind is the first DreamWorks superhero movie. It tells the story from the villain’s perspective. How he became a villain until he realizes that maybe he’s fighting for the wrong side.
– This is an action/comedy movie that takes the superhero genre and turns it on its head. It asks the question what if the villain won?
– [Minor spoiler] It’s the first time that you see a bad guy turn into a good guy because he realizes there is no evil if there is no good.
– Will Ferrell showed up in a “homemade” Megamind costume, it was hilarious.
– Tina Fey brought seven doughnuts which she paid with her own money, but she didn’t realize there were going to be so many people. Ha!
– We saw 5 minutes of footage which looked pretty funny. And actually nice on 3D.
– Jonah Hill revealed that there is a twist with his character but he couldn’t reveal what.
– When asked who they would destroy in Hollywood if they could, Tina Fey answered “Betty White.”
Jonah Hill said “Mel Gibson’s girlfriend. I just want to come out officially and support Mel.” After walking off the stage and coming back he continued: “I only support a quarter of the things he was talking about. I do think Jews killed jesus other than that. That’s a fact. We can all agree with that and just move on with the damn thing.” (Note: It’s a joke people in case you didn’t get it.)
Will Farrel said that the person he would destroy is Charlize Theron. “I can’t really get into it but there’s a lot of bad blood there.”
– To come up with the voice of Megamind, they played around with it to make it villainous but also pathetic.
– Except a love story within the movie.
– “I love other actors but I hate being in the same room as them, so this was perfect.” Tin Fey on what she liked about being part of the project. Plus she talked about how the animation can make you a better actor because they can make the face expression better and also make you prettier.
– A little bit of trivia, Tina Fey’s most memorable moment was Carrie Fisher saying “Help me Liz Lemon, you’re my only hope” on NBC’s 30 Rock.