Harry Potter 2011 Movie Challenge
Welcome to the first Daemon’s Movies challenge, which is also a great way to start off the year 2011. And since this year also marks the ending of the Harry Potter series with the 8th and final movie coming out on July 15, we thought this was the perfect time to experience the entire series one more time before it all ends.
So what does the challenge entail? We will be watching the movies 1-7 (one movie a month) leading up to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 and we would love for you to join us and participate as well. This is also a great opportunity for anyone who hasn’t yet seen all 7 movies, or if you haven’t seen all of them.
But why should I participate, you might ask. Well in addition to monthly giveaways, we will have one BIG giveaway at the end of the challenge that you will not want to miss.
And to add to the excitement, Daemon’s Movies is also partnering with its sister site, Daemon’s Books, which will be hosting its own Harry Potter book challenge in parallel. You can find all the information for the Daemon’s Books Harry Potter challenge here. Feel free to participate in both challenges or just the one that appeals to you. I’ll of course be taking part in both.
You can see all our coverage of the Harry Potter challenge here.
So here are a few things you need to know about this Harry Potter challenge if you would like to participate:
The Movies and Schedule:
1. January 1-31: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – Share your comments and links here
2. February 1-28: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – Share your comments and links here
3. March 1-31: Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban – Share your comments and links here
4. April 1-30: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – Share your comments and links here
5. May 1-31: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – Share your comments and links here
6. June 1-30: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – Share your comments and links here
7. July 1-31: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 – Share your comments and links here
8. July 1-31: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (In Theaters) – Share your comments and links here
How To Participate:
Step 1: Watch the assigned movie for that month (see schedule above)
Step 2: Write a review or opinion piece about the movie on either your blog or any of the following places:
Step 3: Starting February 1, 2011 and at the beginning of each subsequent month we will have a post up for you to share links to your reviews, opinion pieces or to write comments (designated comment section). This will count as proof of your participation.
Note: Each proof of participation will give you one entry into our final big and exciting giveaway. There will be only one entry per movie (no multiple entries even if you put multiple links). That means that if you complete the challenge from beginning to end and provide us with proof of your participation for each movie you will have 8 entries.
General Information and Rules:
Who can participate? Anyone can participate. However, if you have a blog, please make sure you write up a post about the challenge linking back to Daemon’s Movies, so that other people might be able to join as well.
List of Participants: You can find the list of participants here.
Duration of Challenge: The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011.
Deadline to join: The deadline to join is July 1st, 2011.
Updates: A few updates will be written throughout each month keeping you updated with the challenge.
– Each month will begin with a four day giveaway of the entire Harry Potter Years 1-6 Giftset so that if you don’t own it you might get the chance to win it. (Note: This will only be open to people in the US and Canada)
– At the end of the challenge we will be hosting one final giveaway with a BIG prize you won’t want to miss. (Note: This will only be open to people in the US and Canada.)
I think that about covers it all, so if you’re ready to take part in this challenge, all that’s left for you to do is sign up in the form below!
And if there are any questions we haven’t answered yet, you can always contact us.
Sign up using the form below: