5 Movies You Should Never Watch With Your Parents

Andrea

A self proclaimed "encyclopedia of useless entertainment knowledge", Andrea has been a movie buff, avid bookworm and tv junkie for as long as she can remember. Generally a fan of epic fantasy and RomComs, living in the great city of New York has allowed her to expand her film interests to everything under the sun….almost (she still stays away from most everything horror-themed.) She can usually be found watching her favorite films on repeat (Lord of the Rings, 300) or mourning the loss of her favorite tv shows (R.I.P. X-Files and Lost). You also will never see her without a cup of coffee attached to her hand.

1. Natasha says:

Wild Things with Matt Dillion and Neve Campbell….the scene in the hotel with the three of them and then the pool scene with Neve and Denise…..sooooooo awkward

2. Anonymous says:

I haven’t seen Wild Things in forever but from what I vaguely remember, yes…I most certainly agree with you!

3. Trixie says:

American Psycho…I loves me some Academy Award Winner Christian Bale (tehe) but that is NOT a movie I’d want to watch with the Fam…especially the threesome/naked chainsaw scene…

• Anonymous says:

Yeah…I can see why that would be an issue. Especially if you had no idea! The things we go through just to watch men we like. That was my problem with A History of Violence. Too late I realized it was the wrong movie to suggest….

4. Sandie says:

Fun list Andrea, although I’ll admit that I would be ok watching a 4 out 5 of these with my parents and even have. They would be Knocked Up (saw with my mom), American Pie (saw that one with my mom, not sure I would be that comfortable watching with my dad though), Trainspotting, The Rocky Horro Picture Show.

That said I agree with History of Violence.

And for the anecdote, the movie that is seared in my mind because of how awkward it was to watch with my dad is “Bully.” I convinced my dad to go see the movie with me because Brad Renfro was in it (and I really loved him). However, what I didn’t know was that it would end up being 113 minutes of lots of graphic sex scenes and naked people. And so when we came out of the theater, the only thing we ended up saying was something like this: “So that was… interesting.” And even though we talked about the story of the movie, we pretty much ignored all the sex scenes in our conversations. Haha. So yeah don’t watch Bully with your parents.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks! I have to admit, this was actually harder to do than I thought….I know everyone has their own feelings on what they would and wouldn’t be okay with watching based on how their parents are. 🙂 I’ve definitely learned the hard way to research a movie before asking my parents to see it. 😉

• Sandie says:

It is a hard list to come up with. I was trying to think but I couldn’t come up with many more movies. I think it’s one of those you know it when you see it, but by then it’s too late! Haha.

5. You like your Facebooks and your Chris Nolans and your iToys. I’ve never really understood what the “digital copy” that comes with most Blu-rays I buy is supposed to be for, though; I’ve never watched a movie on my laptop, and I don’t understand why in