5 Movies That Will Make You Happy

Andrea

A self proclaimed "encyclopedia of useless entertainment knowledge", Andrea has been a movie buff, avid bookworm and tv junkie for as long as she can remember. Generally a fan of epic fantasy and RomComs, living in the great city of New York has allowed her to expand her film interests to everything under the sun….almost (she still stays away from most everything horror-themed.) She can usually be found watching her favorite films on repeat (Lord of the Rings, 300) or mourning the loss of her favorite tv shows (R.I.P. X-Files and Lost). You also will never see her without a cup of coffee attached to her hand.

1. kac says:

You really must love Julie Andrews’ voice! It can be heard in 3 out of your 5 go to movies.

• Anonymous says:

You know, I actually didn’t even realize that fact when I put the list together, but I suppose I can’t deny it. 🙂 As someone who both grew up on Disney films and Broadway, I’ve always been a fan….I had the chance to meet her at a book signing a few years ago it was like meeting a legend!

2. Kelly says:

Enchanted! That’s a GREAT choice. I also watch “The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”. It’s heavy at times, but the ending is great.

The Disney version of Hercules, Monsters Inc., Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Princess Bride… there are LOTS!

• Anonymous says:

I’ve actually never seen “The Divine Secrets….” although I feel like I should’ve at least read the book.

And oh, my list could have gone on and on. Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, any and ALL Disney movies, Happy Feet….it’s hard to just pick 5!

3. Sandie says:

Despicable Me is adorable and that kid is too cute. Little Miss Sunshine is a happy movie I agree.

But this is a hard one for me, because I realized I like a lot of dramas. But for me Harry Potter would have to be on this list. I always feel happy when I watch these movies. Another one which is a weird choice I guess but always makes me laugh is Heartbreaker with Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Amelie (Le Fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain) directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet is also one that will put a smile on your face, probably one of my favorite movies ever. A MUST SEE if you haven’t yet.

Also probably Disney movies would fit here. But that’s all I have off the top of my head.

• Anonymous says:

Oh yeah….like I told Kelly, I’m a Disney child. I could have had about 15 choices with Disney movies! I feel in a way that the topic is a bit subjective since everyone’s choices would be so different, which is a great thing.

4. JKH says:

Your list is great! Sound of Music and Little Miss Sunshine definitely 🙂 I have added the Muppets Movie and Girls Just Want To Have Fun to mine – who doesn’t like a bit of singing and dancing to 80’s music to make them laugh? 🙂