Comic Con 2011 Panel: PROMETHEUS (With Charlize Theron, Ridley Scott & Nooma Rapace)
The PROMETHEUS panel was part of the 20th Century Fox presenation. Moderated by Damon Lindelof, the panel included the following participants: Charlize Theron, Ridley Scott & Noomi Rapace (thru video feed in Iceland)
- Prometheus is a prequel to Alien.
- We aw behind the scenes footage of the movie and a few scenes. It looks very grandiose and beautiful. Great cast.
- Theron wanted to be in the film and worked with Damon and Ridley to get the story right.
- Theron plays a character called Melody Vickers who is very corporate, cold and frigid but turns out to be more mysterious. Her true self comes out in the third act of the movie.
- Ridley is in the middle of iceland and is in the last day of shooting.
- Ridley: The movie explores a question that no other alien movies has answered.
- Ridley: Shooting in 3D was very fun because it allows to open up a scene.
- Lindelhof to Ridley: “Are you a replicant?”
- There may be two robots in the movie.
- Noome Rapace: very physical role but very exciting to play the part.
- Ridley: PG13 was not a problem to overcome and has two versions of the movie just in case they go R Rated.
- There will be naked push-ups in the movie.