THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Comic-Con 2011 Panel With Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone
The Amazing Spider-Man panel at Comic Con 2011 included producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, director Marc Webb, Rhys Ifans, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.
Here are some of the highlights from The Amazing Spider-Man panel.
– We saw the first trailer of The Amazing Spider-Man which was awesome. There are scenes in which you can see the action through the eyes of Spider-Man. A lot of humor but a lot of raw emotion which made this quite compelling to watch
– Andrew Garfield disguised himself to ask a question in spidey costume which was pretty funny.
– Garfield had a speech ready at first which was very emotional and the fans appreciated it.
– Webb: Wanted to do the movie because there was a lot of material that was there to be explored
– we saw a sizzle reel of select parts of the movie. It looks dark, funny and deep, basically awesome.
– Webb says maybe a sequel on 500 days of summer.
– Andrew listens to music to get in the zone to play Peter Parker.
– Used actual music on set in some scenes to set the mood.
– There is a villain: Dr Kurt Connors aka the Lizard played by Rhys Ifans who showed up.
– We saw a clip of the lizard which was pretty intense.
– Peter designs the mechanical arms for the web.
– They looked at the Ultimates for costume ideas.
– Garfield was scared of taking on the role.
– Webb wanted people to recognize the universe of the movie which is why this movie has grit, realism and complex.
– Asked How he brings humanity to a the role of a monster, Rhys Ifans answered: “Monsters bring humanity to a role”. Cryptic answer yet kinda awesome.
– Emma Stone points out that she has no facebook page.
– Andrew spent 4 months before shooting training in fighting, wire work, trampoline.