HAYWIRE Comic-Con 2011 Panel
The panel for HAYWIRE at Comic-Con 2011 included director Steven Soderbergh, Gina Carano and Channing Tatum.
Here are some of the highlights from the panel.
– The trailer for the movie was shown (you can watch it here).
– Fun Fact: Steven Soderbergh saw Gina Carano fighting on television and he thoughts why doesn’t somebody do a movie around her. “I never saw someone perform like this in a cage.” -Steven Soderbergh
– Steven Soderbergh thought it would be interesting if you could take a real female actress to do real action scenes without any doubles. And Gina Carano did all her fight scenes in the movie.
– Steven Soderbergh wanted all of it to be real, he didn’t want to do anything that two people wouldn’t actually be able to do.
– The movie starts in the middle of the story, then we get the backstory that led up to the diner in which Gina’s character meets Channing Tatum’s character.
– We were shown a clip featuring a fight between Gina’s character and Michael Fassbender’s character. (Note: If you have ever been frustrated that none of the girls in action movies actually look like they could kick ass, this movie is for you. There is absolutely no doubt that Gina Carano can beat Michael Fassbender, I mean her kicks alone hurt just by looking at them.)
– “I loved getting banged into all that stuff, it was a lot of fun.” -Gina Corano about the clip that was shown.
– Fun Fact: Gina’s character smashes a vase in Michael Fassbender’s face in the clip. He was supposed to look away when it was smashed on his face, but of course he looked right at it and that’s the take they used.
– Gina has a fight scene with Ewan McGregor on the beach which was harder to do because of the sand.
– Channing Tatum was asked about the GI Joe sequel, but unfortunately he was not allowed to say anything about the story.
– Steven Soderbergh’s King of the Hill is currently getting remastered, but he doesn’t know when Universal is going to release it.
– Haywire will be released to theaters on January 20, 2012.
You can find more photos from the panel below.