TOTAL RECALL Comic-Con 2011 Panel
The panel for TOTAL RECALL at Comic-Con 2011 included director Len Weisman, Jessica Biel, Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston, Kate Beckinshale, and John Cho.
Here are some highlights from the panel:
– Cranston was a hit on the panel. A lot of the questions went to him.
– They are currently halfway though shooting the movie.
– A long scene from the beginning of the movie was shown and although it had some temporary visual effects, it looked great. The only bad thing was that it had a scene that was very similar to another scene we saw during the Underworld 4 panel (it featured Kate Beckinsale sliding on her knees). While it looked cool in both, for one second I thought I was back watching the footage from Underworld 4.
– Jessica Biel plays a member of the resistance.
– Cranston plays Vilos Cohaagen, a leader who truly believes what he is doing is for the greater.
– Cho plays the character of McClane who runs the Total Recall program (he was in the clip we were shown).
– Kate Beckinshale plays Colin Farrell’s wife, aka the Sharon Stone part.
– Colin Farrell plays Douglas Quaid (aka the Arnold Schwarzenegger part) who feels lost and that everything around him is unreal.
– Director Len Weisman used the tone of the original story in the movie.
– Themes of escapism and wish fulfillment are present in the movie
– Bryan Cranston gets to show his badass side in the movie, the one we have come to love in AMC’s series Breaking Bad.
– Colin Farrell perfected his american accent because he grew up watching American movies.
You can find more photos below.