What You Should Know About ‘One For The Money’ With Katherine Heigl & Jason O’Mara
One For The Money was released over the weekend and if you have seen it and loved it (or even if you haven’t seen it), you might be interested to find out a little more about what went on behind the scenes.
Daemon’s Movies got a chance to attend a press conference for the movie which featured stars Katherine Heigl, Jason O’Mara, Daniel Sunjata and Sherri Shepherd along with director Julie Anne Robinson and writer Liz Brixius.
Here are some highlights from the conference:
– Katherine Heigl was approached about project when she was doing Ugly Truth and she then started reading the books and loved them. She also mentioned that she really wanted to be a producer on the movie to make sure to keep it really close to the book.
– “The interesting about the books is that they all have a murder mystery to them in addition to the bounty hunter. So it’s not just romance.” -Katherine Heigl
– When asked what attracted him to the project, Jason O’Mara very cleverly replied: “I just did this one for the money.”
But more seriously, he explained that he hadn’t heard of the book franchise when he did his first audition, and it wasn’t until he got the offer for the job that he started reading the book. He stopped at 3 because the relationship between Morelli and Plum started to develop and he didn’t want to see too much into the future of it.
– When asked about the accent in the film, Daniel Sunjata explained that got a lot of help from dialogue coach to get the correct Jersey accent.
– When asked what is a tough guy to her Katherine Heigl responded “I don’t know, I’ve never really met a tough guy.” [laughs]
– “I don’t think anything is over the top.” -Sherri Shepherd when asked about her approach to Lula.
– “I sort of like everything about Stephanie.” -Katherine Heigl
– “I hope so, if you all go see the movie.” -Katherine Heigl about a possible sequel
– “That was me trying to be mysterious coming off as suave.” -Daniel Sunjata when asked about his character being suave.
– “The shower scene took all day to shoot, it was a film set (not a bathroom in a house) it was cold and miserable.” – Jason O’Mara on his favorite scene
“I was always very keen that there be an element of improvisation. I wanted it to feel fresh in that way.” -Director Julie Anne Robinson
– “It would have been really weird to play Stephanie as a blonde.” -Katherine Heigl on changing her hair color
– Katherine Heigl didn’t speak to author Janet Evanovich until after the movie was made and she had seen it. Evanovich told her that she thought she was right for the part.
One for the Money is now playing in theaters.