‘Prometheus’ Panel with Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender [WonderCon 2012]
The WonderCon 2012 Prometheus panel featured Damon Lindelof as a moderator, director Ridley Scott and stars Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender.
The trailer shown was a longer version (about 2:30 minutes) of the teaser previously released and it looks pretty incredible, especially if the teaser left you wanting for more.
Here are some of the other highlights from the panel:
– On the origin of Prometheus, director Ridley Scott explained that he thought the genesis was a very good idea that hadn’t been explored.
– Scott also hinted that if the film did well there would be a second part because Prometheus does leave you with open questions.
– Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender both were immediately enthused about doing the film after reading the script. Theron even said that she was sold before even finishing reading it.
– Because Prometheus was a very hush hush project, the actors had to lie about what project they were working on. Charlize Theron joked that she told her loved ones she was doing a “romantic comedy” and that they’re going to be surprised when they see the film.
– Ridley Scott explained that when he is casting a film he always tries to find out about the personality of actors to see if they can work well together as an ensemble on set.
– Ridley Scott shared that it was a real pleasure for him to go back to the Sci-Fi genre.
– [Minor Spoiler] Michael Fassbender plays a robot in the film called David pretending to be a human. Although this is revealed pretty early on, they didn’t want to make it a secret.
– “Do robots piss?” – asked Damon Lindelof “They do but only to make humans feel more comfortable.” – Michael Fassbender answered.
Take a look at more photos from the panel: