WonderCon 2012: ‘Battleship’ Panel with Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker and Peter Berg
Upcoming film Battleship from Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) made an appearance at a panel during WonderCon 2012 held in Anaheim, California during this past weekend. Along with director/producer Peter Berg, star Alexander Skarsgård and Brooklyn Decker made appearances.
During the panel, the audience got a chance to see two clips from the film, one taking place early on in the film which established the characters and the second one taking place on a ship and our first look at the aliens (did I mention the film has aliens in it?… well it does). Nothing too exciting but if the trailer looked like something you’d want to see, then you might enjoy it.
Here are some highlights from the panel:
– Peter Berg’s dad was a marine and Navy historian. He would take him to museums. Berg grew up studying and loving the Navy and had wanted to do a movie about it for a long time.
– Peter Berg explained that half of his show Friday Night Lights is improvised and for him it’s about finding smart actors. “I’m just lucky to have great looking talented actors” – Peter Berg
– Taylor Kitsch plays Alexander Skarsgård’s brother
– “It was kind of scary.” – Alexander Skarsgård on what it was like to be in a big action film
– Brooklyn Decker gets in on the action as a side story. She gets to shoot gun.
– “There are aliens in Battleship.” – Peter Berg
– Peter Berg wanted Battleship to be a big popcorn blockbuster movie.
– The aliens are called Thugs.
– They got a call from Kevin Costner who talked to them about some of the things they did right/wrong on Waterworld.
Battleship will be released to theaters on May 18, 2012.
Here are more photos from the panel:
Follow me on Twitter @sosandrine