WonderCon 2012: ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ Panel with Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart
The WonderCon 2012 panel for Snow White and the Huntsman that took place in Anaheim, California over the weekend featured director Rupert Sanders, Charlize Theron (the Evil Queen), and Kristen Stewart (Snow White). A 5 minute trailer for the film was shown and looked pretty amazing. If you liked the trailer already, just think about 5 minutes of this.
And here are some highlights from the panel:
– Rupert Sanders explained that he wanted the film to be a universal story for male and female audiences.
– In order to explain what he wanted to do, Sanders first went out and shot a trailer of what he wanted the movie to be.
– Charlize Theron realized that everyone had an idea of the Evil Queen, and she said that there is something nice about “f#cking with that idea.” So expect her Evil Queen to be vastly different from what you expect.
– When talking about Chris Hemsworth, director Rupert Sanders explained that he is a very emotionally grounded actor and that some people will be crying watching the film and part of it because of him.
– “That’s cause I’m a bitch.” – Charlize Theron when asked how she plays evil so well.
– “I watched The Shining.” – Charlize Theron joking about the research she did for her part.
– Rupert Sanders was supposed to do a gangster film with lots of british actors and when that fell through he decided to put them in his next film and 8 of them ended up being dwarves.
– “Without a good story, you’re making wallpaper.” – Rubert Sanders
– Sanders joked that he did a lot of research for the film: “I read those seven pages a lot.”
Snow White and the Huntsman will be released to theaters on June 1, 2012.
Here are more photos from the panel: