Film Equals is looking for passionate and prolific writers to contribute news/preview pieces and opinion articles. If you are interested, read our FAQ below for more information.
What kind of writers is Film Equals looking for?
– News/Previews Contributor who can write a minimum of 3 articles a day.
We are looking for an individual that is extremely well versed in current entertainment news and media so much so that they would constantly win at Trivial Pursuit – Entertainment Edition.
– Opinion Articles Contributor who can write a minimum of 1 opinion article a week.
We are looking for an opinionated individual who can talk chapter and verse about movie themes, controversies, trivia and more.
Furthermore, we are looking for writers who have the following qualifications:
– Excellent writing and grammar skills (ie, Little to no proofreading is needed)
– Ability to write engaging copy that is concise, creative, and witty (ie don’t be boring)
– Ability to work with editorial feedback (ie, can take constructive criticism well)
– A self starter (ie, we don’t have to remind you to write your review)
– Ability to deliver reviews on time (ie, if it’s due at a certain time, you send it by that time)
– Attention to detail
– Responsive to emails (if it takes you more than 24hours to respond to an email, this is not for you)
– Experience writing for a blog is considered an asset though not required
– Knowledge of WordPress is considered an asset though not required
What do I get out of writing for Film Equals?
Money. Not a lot of money, but money nevertheless. We pride ourselves on being one of the few movie blogs that compensates its writers.
However, since we are not part of a big corporation we are not able to compensate writers at the same level they would. So if you are looking for a big pay day, this might not be it.
However, if you are a budding writer, this is a great opportunity to get your name out there and build a following of readers. Also, if you already have a blog, this could be a great way to get exposure for it.
Are you looking for any guest posts?
Not at this time.
What do I need to do apply?
Email the following to info [at] filmequals [dot] com with the subject Film Equals Writer:
– Tell us what you are interested in writing for us (news-previews/opinion articles/both)
– A short bio (no more than 3 sentences)
– Resume, if available (copy paste – no attachment)
– A short paragraph answering the following question “What is your favorite movie and why?”
– Links to previous published articles (if available)
What happens after I apply?
Once you email your application, we will contact you only if your application is retained. Unfortunately due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
If you have any questions that aren’t answered, feel free to contact us through our contact page.