5 Most Romantic Movie Moments

Kelly Michele

Kelly has been a lover of movies since she was little. Although her movie tastes have changed a little since her younger days of Carebears and Mary Poppins, her love of film hasn't. She can generally be found watching any horror movie she can get her hands on, but will occasionally throw an indie film or documentary into the mix to shake things up. She speaks in movie quotes and uses film references in daily conversation; and she does all of this while attempting to change the world's negative opinion of fangirls.

1. Michelle StJames says:

I am such a sucker for romantic movies. I love your choices and have seen them all so many times, but I think my top five would be:

Casablanca (“We’ll always have Paris”);

Say Anything (Surprisingly not the boombox scene, but when Diane goes to Lloyd when he’s kickboxing and he asks if she needs somebody or she needs him. Kills me every time.);

Brokeback Mountain (When Ennis opens the wardrobe and we see Jack’s shirts);

Chasing Amy (Holden’s speech to Alyssa);

Breakfast at Tiffany’s (“Fred’ and Holly in the rain at the end).

• Kelly says:

Those are ALL excellent. Say Anything was on my list, but not that scene… it was the boombox scene….lol. I want a guy to stand outside my window with “In Your Eyes” blaring.

Casablanca is one that I haven’t seen in YEARS – but I remember sobbing during most of it.

Chasing Amy is a GREAT choice. One that I can honestly say that I would never have thought of!

• Sandie says:

Oh that Brokeback Mountain scene broke my heart.

2. Kat says:

Oh, you’re killing me! No love for Dirty Dancing?? “Nobody puts Baby in a corner…” or when they FINALLY do the lift at the end and everyone is watching them and… *sigh* I could cry just thinking about it!

Another one that’s great is at the end of Pretty Woman when he climbs the fire escape to get to her. Lovely!

• Kelly says:

I figured you’d comment about Dirty Dancing!

But you’re right, it IS a good one to add to the list. As is Pretty Woman, not only the fire escape scene, but the necklace scene as well.

3. Sandie says:

First of all, this list makes me want to pull out all my romantic movies and make a day of it! You picked some pretty awesome ones Kelly. The Notebook!!!! And Love Actually, OMG that scene only makes it worth watching the movie. And Moulin Rouge, these are all some of my favorites.

A few additional ones for me would be:

Pride and Prejudice (2005) – Darcy’s unusual declaration of love.

August Rush – I think the whole movie is like a love letter or something.

Romeo & Juliet – The Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes one. When they look at each other across the aquarium. Classic!

I’m sure there are tons more, but I can’t think of more.

• Kelly says:

Pride and Prejudice and Romeo & Juliet were REALLY close on this list. They are two of the most romantic movies after all.

Even the aquarium scene aside – the END of Romeo & Juliet is romantic… while being extremely depressing.

I’ve never seen August Rush. I started watching it, got depressed, and had to turn it off..lol.